Roasted Brussels sprouts are one of our favorite side dishes, pairing well with everything from grilled meats to holiday dinners.
This roasted Brussels sprouts recipe offers a bright take on this classic vegetable. It’s seasoned with fresh squeezed Meyer lemon juice, a little garlic-shallot puree, and some crushed red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.
Roast the sprouts in a shallow pan for 20 minutes at 475 F, or until sprouts are charred on the outside. Watch my video!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Meyer LemonRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts rinsed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice about 1 lemon (Rinse and remove the zest from the lemon before juicing)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shallot puree or 2 cloves minced garlic
- Zest the lemon, and place into a mixing bowl. Squeeze lemon juice into a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients (except sprouts).
- Remove stems from sprouts and cut in half if desired.
- Fold in the sprouts into the marinade and let set for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally so they are well coated.
- Roast in a shallow pan for 20 minutes at 475 F, or until sprouts are charred on the outside.