Today I’m going to show you how to make the viral TikTok Tunacado Sandwich recipe at home, and you’re going to love my twist on this classic from Joe & the Juice!
How to Make the TikTok Tunacado Sandwich
To get started we’re going to make the tuna mousse with premium tuna from Italy. I recommend either the lemon pepper or spicy Rio Mare tuna. You can also use the regular version. After trying this Italian tuna, I really can’t go back to American tuna. It’s really a night and day difference! But use what you like.
To be honest, this TikTok Tunacado Sandwich recipe works really well with canned chicken. Some members of our family aren’t real big fans of tuna, so don’t hesitate to use that canned chicken!
We’re going to puree the tuna with a little bit of mayonnaise and a little black pepper. At this point, you can add some Dijon mustard, capers and pickles. Anything that sounds good to you! Remember, this is YOUR sandwich!
Once your bread is toasted with nice grill marks, drizzle pesto on each half of the bread. You can check out my separate video on how to make homemade pesto.
Next, arrange a few slices of fresh avocado on the bread.
Spread two scoops of tuna mousse on the other slice. Press down with your fork to get it nice and even. Top the creamy tuna mousse with sliced half moon sliced tomatoes.
At this point you can add some capers and fresh chopped dill weed for an extra layer of flavor. Put the TikTok Tunacado Sandwich together and enjoy!
Please subscribe to our Youtube channel and click the BELL icon so you can be the first to know when we post a new cooking video!
More Easy Sandwich Recipes:
If you enjoyed this TikTok Tunacado Sandwich, you may also like:
- Salmon Sandwich with Spinach and Feta
- Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Roasted Tomato Grilled Cheese
- Lobster Roll
- Bacon, Spinach & Tomato Sandwich
- Peanut Butter & Pickle Sandwich
- Disneyland Monte Cristo Sandwich
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
TikTok Tunacado Sandwich – Spicy Tunacado RecipeRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 5 oz Rio Mare tuna
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Tabasco to taste if not using spicy tuna
- To get started we’re going to make the tuna mousse with premium Rio Mare tuna from Italy. I recommend either the lemon pepper or spicy tuna, but you can also use regular tuna from your supermarket. But it's not the same!
- Next, let's puree the tuna with your desired amount of mayonnaise and a little black pepper. You can do this by hand, or in a mini food processor.
- Depending on your bread preferences, we’re now taking two pieces of Naan, flatbread or whole wheat sandwich thins and we’re going to get them nice and crisp on my stovetop grill. You can also use a panini press.
- Joe & the Juice uses a whole wheat bread specially made for them. I think the whole wheat sandwich thins are probably your best supermarket substitute.
- Once your bread is toasted with nice grill marks, drizzle your pesto on each half of the bread slices.
- Now you’re going to arrange a 4-5 slices of fresh avocado on the bread.
- Spread two scoops of tuna mousse on the other slice, and press down with your fork to get it nice and even. Top the tuna with sliced tomatoes.
- At this point you can add some capers and fresh chopped dill weed for an extra layer of flavor.
- Put the Tunacado sandwich together and enjoy!
Watch My Video
CookingSessions.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.