This recipe for country sausage gravy is perfect for serving over flaky buttermilk biscuits to make the best biscuits and gravy you’ve ever tasted!
Country GravyRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
This delicious country gravy goes well with buttermilk biscuits, or served on top of a country fried steak!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups whole milk or more if needed
- Heat a saucepot over medium heat and melt down the butter.
- Drop in the sausage and break apart with a wooden spoon, cooking until it's browned and crumbly.
- After 5 minutes, stir in the flour, pepper and cayenne. Mix well for another 2 minutes, incorporating the flour into the sausage.
- Drop heat to medium-heat and slowly whisk in the milk to make the gravy and avoid any lumps. Whisk for about 5 minutes, or until the gravy is your desired consistency. You can add a bit more milk if you want to thin it out.
- Taste for seasoning, and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve over my biscuits for an awesome country biscuits and gravy!
Let’s get cooking!Join me @cheftips on Facebook & Instagram
Watch My Video
Check out my Cooking Videos!Subscribe to my Chef Tips channel on YouTube!
This recipe is so good. Thanks for the recipe.
You’re so welcome! Glad you enjoyed it!