Hollandaise Sauce is such a versatile, tangy and delicious sauce to make at home. It really elevates your dishes to the next level. This Blender Hollandaise Sauce recipe is so easy that you’ll be tempted to make it every weekend! It keeps well stored in a plastic container in the refrigerator, and can be reheated as needed.
Make sure you use unsalted butter to make this dish; otherwise omit the salt when you are preparing it.
This Hollandaise Sauce goes with so many dishes. Some of my favorite ways to use it include topping it on Eggs Benedict, grilled asparagus, and even grilled fish! In the photo below, I’ve added chopped cilantro, Sriracha hot sauce to make a spicy Hollandaise. Adding some chopped tarragon will transform it into a delicious Bearnaise sauce. Use your imagination!
Blender Hollandaise SauceRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2-1 cup butter
- Tabasco to taste
- Paprika to taste to taste
- Sriracha hot sauce to taste
- Chopped cilantro leaves to taste
- Place egg yolks, salt, white pepper and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in blender jar. Cut butter into pieces and heat to foaming hot in small saucepan.
- Cover jar and blend egg yolk mixture at top speed 2 seconds. Uncover and still blending at top speed, immediately start pouring in 1/2 of hot butter in thin stream or droplets. Sauce will be thick cream. Pour into saucepan or bowl. Vigorously whisk in remaining melted butter, added in steam of droplets.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups sauce.