Today I’m going to show you how to make the TikTok Smashburger Tacos recipe, which is a fun twist on the All-American cheeseburger. This is a simple and delicious recipe that can be made outdoors on your flat-top grill, or inside on a large griddle or frying pan.
What’s in the TikTok Smashburger tacos recipe?
The recipe calls for small flour tortillas, ground beef, American cheese, tomatoes, onions, lettuce and my delicious burger sauce.
Watch my video
These TikTok Smashburger Tacos can be customized to your liking, so feel free to add your favorite burger ingredients. I like to add chopped fresh jalapenos for a little kick.
TikTok Smashburger Tacos Recipe Variations
These viral Smashburger Tacos are great option for busy weeknights. They are very similar to the Taco Bell Crunch Wrap Supreme, which is the most popular TikTok recipe this week. In fact, you can easily adapt this recipe by seasoning your ground beef with taco seasoning, adding sour cream, and using Nacho or shredded cheddar cheese instead of the American cheese.
How to make Smashburger Tacos
Smashburger tacos are a delicious and easy way to enjoy a classic burger in a new way. They are made by smashing balls of ground beef with small flour tortillas on the grill. This creates a round and crispy flat burger that fits into the tacos perfectly.
Next, you flip the tortillas over on the grill and top them with some sliced American cheese. Covering them with a melting dome will help speed up the melting process.
Smashburger Taco Sauce
Of course, every burger needs a great sauce and you’re going to love my take on Thousand Island. It calls for mayonnaise, pickle relish, ketchup, finely minced sweet onion, Worcestershire sauce, and a dash of hot sauce, such as Sriracha. If you’re in a hurry, bottled Thousand Island will do.
And that’s it, folks! Smashburger Tacos in a flash. If you try this recipe, please let me know what you think in the comments below! Happy grilling!
More Easy Taco Recipes
If you enjoyed this TikTok Smashburger Tacos recipe, you may also like these recipes!
- Navajo Fry Bread Tacos
- Ruddell’s Smoked Salmon Tacos
- Mexican Street Tacos
- Grilled Fish Tacos
- Crazy Coyote Taco Recipe
- Double Decker Tacos
- Chicken Tacos Al Carbon
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos
Stay in Touch!
TikTok Smashburger TacosRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices American cheese Kraft Deli Deluxe
- 1 heirloom tomato diced
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 4 small flour tortillas
Secret Burger Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill or sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced sweet onion
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce such as Sriracha
- Mix all ingredients together for the secret burger sauce. (This can be made ahead and refrigerated for one week).
- Dice your tomato, onion, lettuce and jalapeno.
- Divide ground beef into four balls. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a flat top grill or griddle/frying pan on high. Set the other side to low heat or completely off.
- Set the burgers down on the high heat and brown slightly on one side. After a couple minutes, top each with a small flour tortilla and smash down with a large spatula.
- Once the burgers are starting to juice up and brown, flip the tortilla (burger side up) and top each taco with a slice of American cheese.
- Move the tacos to the cool side of your grill. If cooking inside on a pan or griddle, turn your stove to low heat.
- Set a melting dome on top of the burgers to help melt the cheese.
- Once the cheese is melted, using your spatula, place the tacos into a taco holder.
- Top each taco with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced onions and diced jalapenos. Drizzle each with desired amount of burger sauce and enjoy.
Watch My Video
CookingSessions.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.