This loaded breakfast quesadilla recipe is guaranteed to feed a crowd. Whether you make it at home, or while camping, it’s sure to satisfy the hungriest of appetites.
Although this recipe for breakfast quesadillas uses a combination of bacon and pork sausage, you can easily make it a vegetarian quesadilla by adding plant-based sausage patties.
This is one of my favorite flat top grill recipes to make while camping, especially since you can easily prep the ingredients beforehand. I keep them chilled in Ziplock bags or plastic containers. Then, when it comes time to eat, you have all of your ingredients ready to go!
What’s in a loaded breakfast quesadilla?
- Sausage patties
- Shredded cheese (we used a mixture of Carolina reaper, cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses)
- Sour cream
- Pico de Gallo salsa or Hot Sauce
- Chopped chives
- Oil or butter for frying the tortillas
I prepared this loaded breakfast quesadilla recipe on my portable Camp Chef 600 grill. It folds down nicely into its own carrying case, making setup a breeze when you get to the campground.
When preparing these on an outdoor flat top grill, it’s helpful to have a melting dome. That way, once you have your fillings in place and the tortilla folded, you can cover the quesadillas so the cheese melts evenly.
I hope you enjoy this loaded breakfast quesadilla recipe. This recipe makes enough for two people, but you can easily double or triple it for a crowd. It’s certainly a hearty morning dish that will get you fueled up for a day of hiking on the trail!
If you enjoy this recipe, you may also enjoy my sourdough breakfast sandwich or Mediterranean quesadillas!
Watch my latest videos
If you enjoyed this cooking video, please subscribe to our Youtube channel and click the BELL icon so you can be the first to know when we post a new video!
Loaded Breakfast QuesadillaRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 2 flour tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 3 sausage patties or vegetarian sausage
- 8 slices pre-cooked bacon or vegetarian bacon
- 3 cups shredded cheese (we used a mixture of Carolina reaper, cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses)
- 4 tablespoons Sour cream for serving
- 4 tablespoons Pico de Gallo salsa for serving
- 1 tablespoon Chopped chives for garnish
- 3 tablespoons Oil or butter for frying the tortillas
- Set your grill or large kitchen griddle over medium heat.
- Add enough oil to coat well.
- Cook the bacon and sausage until nicely browned. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add additional oil and cook the breakfast potatoes or hash browns until browned. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add more oil and cook the eggs until they are firmed up but not completely dry. Sprinkle the eggs with chives and set aside and keep warm.
- Add more oil to the pan and set the two tortillas down on the hot surface. Layer each tortilla with half of the shredded cheese, the meat mixture, potatoes and eggs. Top with additional shredded cheese.
- Fold over each quesadilla and cook until browned on each side, and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream and pico de Gallo salsa.