The Morena Mia is a signature Costa Rican cocktail recipe served by Bartender Luis Chacon at Mountain Paradise Hotel’s Las Tejas Bar.
Luis is a master of his craft, preparing some of the most creative cocktails in Costa Rica! I hope you enjoy this refreshing summer drink!
Morena Mia CocktailRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 shot Cacique Rum
- 1 shot tangerine-lemon juice or lemon juice
- 1 shot Cinnamon Simple Syrup recipe below
Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup raw granulated sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Make the Syrup
- Boil the water.
- Add sugar and mix until dissolved.
- Add cinnamon sticks, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Set pot aside, cover, and steep for 1-6 hours.
- Remove cinnamon sticks, add vanilla extract, and store in a sealed bottle.
Make the Cocktail
- Shake well in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour into an ice-filled glass, garnished with a fresh orange wheel, maraschino cherry and cinnamon stick.
- Light the cinnamon stick for a smoky presentation.