Roasted potatoes are a great side dish to any meal and they are so easy to make. If you can’t find the petite baby potatoes, any variety of potato will work!
I often prepare this garlic roasted potatoes recipe for Thanksgiving or Christmas either in lieu or in addition to my garlic mashed potatoes. These also make a great side dish for any roasted chicken, turkey or steak recipes you may be making!
Garlic Roasted Potatoes with Thyme or Rosemary
- 10 baby gold potatoes
- 10 baby red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic-shallot puree or 2 cloves crushed garlic
- A few fresh thyme sprigs or fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Whisk the olive oil, garlic and thyme in a mixing bowl. Next slice the potatoes in half. Add to the bowl and mix well with a rubber spatula so they are completed coated. Stir in the salt and fresh cracked pepper. Coat well.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Add to a cast iron pan or casserole dish. Roast 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- After 30 minutes, turn the potatoes over. After 1 hour, the outside should be crunchy with a tender inside.