These lemony garlic green beans with prosciutto make a delicious holiday side dish, but I think they’re terrific year-round! Serve them with roast turkey, prime rib, or even chicken for a bright and flavorful accompaniment to your holiday meal.
Make sure to make up a big batch of my garlic-shallot puree before making this recipe. It holds well in the refrigerator for several weeks, and is great to have on hand for a variety of dishes!
To make this green beans recipe, all you need to do is boil the green beans and sauté the diced prosciutto (or pancetta) until crisp.
Then, it’s just a matter of throwing everything back into the pan and sautéing it with some garlic shallot puree, lemon zest and a splash of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please subscribe to our Youtube channel and click the BELL icon so you can be the first to know when we post a new video!
Garlic Green Beans with ProsciuttoRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 2 pounds green beans
- 4 ounces prosciutto diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic-shallot puree
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Extra-virgin olive oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for about 4 minutes. Strain green beans and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add the diced prosciutto and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the green beans, garlic-shallot puree, and salt and pepper to your taste.
- Saute, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice. Season again to taste. Remove to a serving dish and top with the crispy prosciutto.