This honey smoked salmon recipe is a “hot smoked salmon,” made by smoking salmon over low heat on the Green Mountain Grills pellet grill.
To begin, make a dry brine for smoked salmon, which consists of dark brown sugar, a bit of salt, and some fresh cracked pepper.
Watch my video!
Smoke the salmon for around 2 hours, then brush with an apricot glaze or some honey. You can serve this as an appetizer with crackers and cream cheese!
If you make this smoked salmon, you can use the leftovers for this smoked salmon dip!
Honey Smoked SalmonRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 filet fresh wild salmon
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Apricot Jam or Honey for basting, as needed
- Rinse and pat dry salmon fillet. Remove any pinbones and skin (if desired).
- Cut salmon into serving-size steaks.
- Make dry brine by mixing the sugar, salt and pepper together.
- Spread dry brine on a glass casserole dish and pack in layers with the salmon pieces. Put in the refrigerator to set 4 to 8 hours.
- Rinse the salmon pieces under cool running water, thoroughly removing the brine. On a smoker set to 150 F, smoke the fish roughly 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until it reaches your desired firmness. During the last few minutes of cooking, you can brush on some melted apricot jam and/or honey. Serve as an appetizer with cold beer and a chilled glass of chardonnay, or over crackers with some cream cheese and fresh chopped chives. Bon appetit!