My wife came up with this Jalapeño Pimento Cheese Dip recipe after sampling a similar spread at a bagel shop in Lake Tahoe. Serve this over toasted bagels for breakfast, or as a dip with pita triangles or tortilla chips!
This delicious jalapeño cream cheese spread is best served chilled. You can blend by hand for a chunky texture, or put in the food processor for a smoother consistency.
Feel free to add more or less of the jalapeños, pimentos, roasted bell peppers and chives to your personal taste!
Jalapeño Pimento Cheese DipRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup roasted red bell peppers drained well
- 2/3 cup pepper jack cheese grated
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 dashes cayenne pepper or more to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños stemmed and drained well
- 4 chives chopped fine
- 4 ounces pimentos drained
- Minced cilantro and sliced fresh jalapenos for garnish
- Tortilla chips, toasted bagels or pita triangles for serving
- Blend everything but chives and pimentos together by hand, or in a food processor.
- After done, stir in the pimentos and chives for texture. Add salt to taste.
- Serve warm with grilled white pita bread triangles, toasted bagels or tortilla chips.