Nothing quite compares to a homemade salsa recipe, and this recipe — given to my mom by her best friend, Juanita, has been in our family for two generations. This recipe is very similar to what you’ll get a most Mexican restaurants in Southern California.
Juanita’s Homemade Salsa Recipe
- 28 ounces canned chopped tomatoes in juice
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 handful cilantro leaves
- ½ cup pickled jalapenos or more
- 1 tablespoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ medium onion diced
- 3 fresh serrano peppers optional
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor or blender until just chunky. Serve with tortilla chips.