Whenever we go to Disneyland, we like to grab a quick order of bacon wrapped asparagus at the Bengal Barbecue in Adventureland. Nicknamed Bengal BBQ Safari Skewers, these delicious little snacks are the perfect pick-me-up during a day at the park.
Safari Skewers Ingredients
This bacon wrapped asparagus appetizer is so easy to make at home. All you need is a pack of bacon and a bunch of asparagus!
I like to cut the bacon in half before wrapping the asparagus. Sometimes, depending on the bacon, you can even cut it into thirds and still have enough to wrap around each piece of asparagus.
How to Make Disneyland’s Safari Skewers (Video)
The key to this Bengal BBQ Safari Skewers recipe is having a thin layer of bacon that crisps up nicely in the fryer. You can also bake these on a cookie sheet in the oven at 400 F for about 20-25 minutes.
More Disneyland Recipes
- Bengal Barbecue Chicken Skewers
- Disneyland’s Corn Dogs
- Disneyland’s Monte Cristo Sandwich
- Disneyland’s Lobster Nachos
- Disneyland’s Reuben Tots
- Disneyland’s Smoked Turkey Legs
- Disneyland’s Micheladas
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus (Bengal BBQ Safari Skewers)Recipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1 pack bacon slices
- Oil for frying
- Remove tough ends from the bottom of the asparagus.
- Wrap each piece of asparagus with a bacon slice in a spiral direction, covering the stem.
- Carefully fry asparagus in a mini deep fryer heated to 375 F. Fry for about 2 minutes, or until bacon is crispy. You can also bake these on a cookie sheet in the oven at 400 F for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove to a plate covered with paper towels. Enjoy!