If you ever have a chance to make my homemade honey smoked salmon, or you have some purchased from the store, this smoked salmon dip recipe is an easy and elegant appetizer.
Make up the spread and refrigerate it for at least a couple hours to let the flavors meld.
I like to serve small chunks of the smoked salmon separately on water crackers with the spread. However, you can also incorporate the smoked salmon into the cream cheese dip with equally delicious results. If you decide to go this route, just serve the crackers on the side for dipping.
Although you can use cold smoked salmon (such as lox) for this recipe, my personal preference is with the hot smoked salmon. Before serving, add a few extra chive sprigs as a garnish.
Smoked Salmon Dip
- 10 oz. hot or cold smoked salmon
- 1 box crackers
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons capers drained
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons chopped chives
- Mix spread ingredients together and chill.
- Spread the cheese mixture on crackers and top with the smoked salmon.
- Garnish with extra chive stems, if desired.