This recipe for Italian homemade meatballs is easy and delicious! I’m coating them with panko bread crumbs and a special blend of Italian spices. It’s one of the best meatball recipes around, and I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup diced crimini mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons minced Italian flat leaf parsley
- 14 basil leaves chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup minced proscuitto
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked fresh pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste optional
- 4 tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine or sherry
- Mix meatball ingredients in a large bowl, thoroughly combining.
- Form meatballs into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- Put large saute pan on heat. Add 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add 1 cup diced white onion. Saute for 2 minutes until soft.
- Add meatballs to onion mixture. Brown on all sides, turning occasionally.
- Add 3/4 cup chicken stock or water. When it comes to boil, cover and simmer 5-8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove with slotted spoon to a platter.
- After removing meatballs, deglaze pan with 1/4 cup white wine or sherry wine. Stir well and reduce by half. After it reduces turn off the heat, and pour over the meatballs. Serve immediately.