Today I’m going to show you how to make French Toast in the easiest and most delicious way!
This has been my favorite French Toast recipe since I got out of culinary school, and I’ve never strayed from this version.
What makes this recipe for French toast special is the addition of real Riverside Navel Orange zest, but you can use any oranges you have in your market.
French Toast with Orange ZestRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 4-6 slices brioche bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half/half milk or heavy cream
- Zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar to taste
- fresh strawberries to taste
- Maple syrup to taste
- Whip together egg mixture well.
- Soak bread slices on both sides in egg mixture.
- Fry in a large buttered pan until golden brown on each side.
- Serve with whipped cream, maples syrup, fresh fruit and powdered sugar.