This Italian chopped Italian salad has a lot of ingredients, but comes together quickly. The main ingredients include diced chicken, avocado, green onions, blue cheese, tomatoes, Romaine lettuce and BACON! Yes, who doesn’t love some crispy bacon in their salad?
It’s a great chicken salad recipe for a crowd — and easily serves 12 people. Serve this with a homemade Italian Vinaigrette, or use your favorite bottled dressing in a hurry.
You can turn this Italian Chopped Salad recipe into a chopped Greek salad by substituting feta cheese for the blue cheese, and subbing out the green onions, bacon and avocado for some nice briny kalamata olives, cucumbers and red onions.
Italian Chopped SaladRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 3-4 homegrown tomatoes diced
- 2 poached chicken breast halves diced
- 4 green onions diced
- 5 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 1 package good-quality bacon fried and crumbled
- 2 avocados diced
- Layer all of the chopped salad ingredients on a platter, then allow guests to build their own chopped salad bowls tossed with the Italian vinaigrette.