This may be the best chocolate chip cookie recipe on the planet! Our homemade chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe includes oats and walnuts. You can leave both ingredients out and still get fabulous results. However, we really like the chewiness you get from the oats. Feel free to play around with the amounts, too. You can use as little as 1 cup, all the way to the full 2 1/2 cups depending on your personal preferences.
Sometimes it’s also fun to add some unusual ingredients, Try salty Cape Cod potato chips, mini pretzels or a couple teaspoons of fresh ground espresso beans. Have fun with it!
One of the most important things when making cookies, or even brownies, is to take them out when they are still a little underdone. They will continue “carry over cooking” once you remove them from the oven.
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies RecipeRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups oats (We use Coach's Oats) you can use less — 1 cup works
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 oz. package good-quality chocolate chips
- 1 bar good-quality chocolate chunked into pieces (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Cream butter with sugars in mixer bowl. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Mix flour, oats, salt, baking powder and baking soda in another bowl.
- Mix butter-egg mixture with flour mixture just until blended. Add chocolate pieces and chopped nuts.
- Roll into balls about the size of golf balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake on a pizza stone or Silpat sheet at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. It should still be a little soft when you take them out.