These chicken quesadillas are departure from the traditional cheddar cheese and salsa variety, livened up with a stuffing of green onions, grated pepper jack cheese, cream cheese and chopped fresh cilantro.
Most quesadilla recipes can be tweaked to your liking, and you can easily substitute the chicken with your favorite steak, shrimp or even grilled peppers and onions for a vegetarian quesadilla.
Serve this with sour cream, salsa and/or hot sauce, and enjoy!
Chicken Quesadillas with Green Onion, Cilantro & Pepper Jack Cheese
- Half of a chicken breast cooked and shredded
- Pinch of sea salt and taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh green onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 flour tortilla
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- Small can of green chiles diced
- Season shredded chicken with a little sea salt and taco seasoning. Mix green onion and cilantro into the whipped cream cheese. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the entire tortilla.
- Layer half of the tortilla with half the cheese, followed by all of the shredded chicken, green chiles and the rest of the cheese. Fold over the tortilla.
- Heat a frying pan and spray with cooking spray. Cook tortilla over high heat. Flip when browned. Remove from pan and cut into four pieces. Serve with sour cream and hot sauce. We hope you enjoy this delicious recipe for quesadillas!