This Mexican street tacos recipe uses steak flap meat that’s marinated in a zesty and citrusy fajita marinade and topped with diced onions and chopped cilantro.
The steak is marinated overnight for the best flavor, so be sure to plan ahead before you make this recipe.
Although this Mexican street tacos recipe uses steak flap meat, but I’ve made this same version with chicken breasts and it’s just as tasty!
Top this authentic street taco with my avocado salsa for the ultimate meal.
Mexican Street Tacos
- 4-5 pieces steak flap meat or chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch ground cloves
- 4 crushed cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 orange and 1 lemon juiced
- Small bunch cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 jalapenos
- 1 bunch green onions
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup minced cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- Avocado sauce see separate recipe
- Marinate the steak or chicken in my fajita marinade overnight, turning once or twice.
- Preheat grill. Grill steak or chicken until done, and cut into cubes.
- Lightly grill the tortillas on both sides, then wrap tortillas in foil and keep warm on upper rack of grill.
- Grill green onions and jalapenos on grill. Set aside for tacos or a side dish.
- To assemble, place a small amount of steak in each tortilla and top with chopped onions and cilantro.
- Garnish with my avocado salsa and enjoy!