This semi-homemade Double Decker Tacos recipe is an easy way to pull together a spread for your Super Bowl party.
In this video, I’ll show you how to doctor up canned refried beans (so they taste like homemade) and put together a delicious taco bar for your guests. That way, you’ll spend less time in the kitchen and more time watching the game with your friends!
Double Decker TacosRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 package soft flour tortillas about 12
- 1 package prepared hard taco shells about 12
- 1 pound shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning or more to taste
- 2/3 cup water
- 30 oz. canned refried beans
- 1/3 cup half and half or milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or bacon grease
- Nacho cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced onions
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced avocado
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Turn burner on medium high. Let preheat for a minute.
- Add a few tablespoons of oil to pan. Add 1 pound shredded cooked chicken. Saute until warmed.
- After 1 minute, add 2/3 cup water. Stir in 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning.
- Turn to a simmer, and let reduce for 3-4 minutes.
- Add some 2 tablespoons canola oil or bacon grease to a pot. After a minute, add one 30 oz. can of refried beans. Stir and heat. After it bubbles, add 1/3 cup half half or milk.
- Let simmer for a couple minutes. Keep warm.
- Lay down flour tortilla. Top with beans to edges. Drizzle spicy nacho cheese down beans. Put crispy taco shell inside and fold the soft taco around it. Drop in the cooked chicken. Add some taco sauce. Lettuce, onions, tomatoes avocado slices and shredded cheddar cheese. Top with sour cream.