This classic Jumbo shrimp cocktail recipe is one of my favorite Valentine’s Day recipes, but really it’s terrific year-round. Serve this as an appetizer with a nice filet mignon steak dinner, or a classic dish of fettuccine carbonara with a nice bottle of wine. For dessert, keep it simple with some good-quality vanilla ice cream and fresh sliced berries. Hope you enjoy it!
Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail with Homemade Cocktail SauceRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 15 U-15 Jumbo Shrimp
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 lemon cut into slices
- 1/4 cup Chardonnay white wine
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- Shrimp Cocktail Sauce: Mix everything together and chill for one hour
- Remove shell and legs from shrimp. De-vein if needed.
- Bring water to a boil and add the rest of the poaching broth ingredients. Boil for 5 minutes. While boiling, prepare an ice water bath (made in a bowl with half ice and half cold water) to shock and chill the shrimp.
- Add shrimp to the boiling water and poach for 2-5 minutes until fully cooked and the shrimp is whitish-pink. Remove from hot water with tongs and place the individual shrimp into the ice bath and leave in there until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled shrimp with chilled cocktail sauce and enjoy!