Have you ever tried grilled fish tacos? Here in Southern California, they are a staple menu item at many beach restaurants.
This grilled fish taco recipe is topped with shredded cabbage, diced tomatoes and a fish taco white sauce for an authentic Baja-style taco.
Be sure to top it with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and your favorite Mexican salsa. Try these with smoked mahi mahi for an extra special flavor!
I hope you enjoy these delicious fish tacos on the grill!
Grilled Fish TacosRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 2 6-ounce mahi mahi or tilapia filets
- 2 cups lemon herb marinade
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 fresh diced tomato
- 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp chipotle hot sauce
- Mix together ingredients for the white sauce and chill.
- To prepare the fish tacos, first rinse thawed fish under cool water and pat dry.
- Next, place fish in a plastic bag and pour the marinade over the fish. Seal bag and mix with your hands. Marinade fish in the refrigerator no more than 30 minutes. Dice the tomato, and shred the cabbage.
- Continue this recipe for fish tacos by starting your grill. If you don’t have a grill or BBQ, you can either fry or bake your fish. After the fish is cooked, assemble your fish tacos straight away.
- Serve the grilled fish taco with my fish taco sauce.