This Carrot Cake recipe with cream cheese frosting will become a staple in your kitchen. In fact, this recipe is our No. 1 hit on our Chef Tips YouTube channel, with almost 4 million views and counting! It’s easy to understand why it’s such a hit. It’s moist, easy to make, and who can resist that carrot and cream cheese combination!
This easy carrot cake recipe makes a perfect dessert or even a breakfast item. If you want to add raisins or walnuts, you may need to cook it a bit longer. Just keep an eye on it after about 30 minutes or so.
If you’d like to use it more for a breakfast item, don’t add the frosting and just slice to serve in the morning. Toast it in the toaster oven, and add a bit of sweet honey cream cheese, regular cream cheese, or fresh Irish butter for a delicious morning treat.
I hope you enjoy this delicious and moist cake at your next family gathering, and don’t forget to top it with my cream cheese frosting! How do you like my decorations? Haha.
If you are enjoying our cooking tutorials, please do consider subscribing to our YouTube channel. It’s just my wife and I making these videos and updating the website while raising two kids and working full time, so your subscriptions, comments, likes and follows mean so much to us.
Thank you for your support!
Best Carrot Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 3 cups peeled and shredded carrots 6 medium carrots
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Raisins and walnuts if desired
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Blend in food processor and scrape down sides until well incorporated. Chill until ready for use.
Make Carrot Cake
- Mix eggs and sugar in food processor until frothy. Drizzle in canola oil. Mix another 20 seconds. Transfer to medium sized mixing bowl. Stir in carrots and flour, mixing well. Add spices and mix well. Add baking powder, soda and salt.
- Transfer batter to a lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray or butter. Bake at 350 F in middle rack for 35-40 minutes.