Pumpkin is one of fall’s greatest treats, and my favorite way to make this homemade moist pumpkin bread is with pureed fresh pumpkin.
When using pumpkins for cooking, look for small sugar pumpkins that feel heavy for their size. Pureed pumpkin freezes very well, and it’s nice to always have it on hand.
This recipe for moist pumpkin bread comes together quickly, and it’s perfect for handing out to your friends during the fall. The recipe was given to us by our friend Patty, who has had this recipe in her family for decades. I think you’ll really enjoy it!
- If you are making a regular loaf, the cooking time is about 1 hour. If you’re making muffins, reduce the time to 25-30 minutes, or about 38 minutes for a mini loaf pan. You’ll know your bread is done when a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- This recipe makes roughly four mini loaves or one standard loaf.
Moist Pumpkin BreadRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2-3 teaspoons cloves use less if you don’t like the flavor
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree see my separate recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- First, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- In a separate mixing bowl or Kitchen Aid, cream the sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla and milk together.
- Finally, combine the wet and dry ingredients, and fold in 2 cups of fresh pumpkin puree.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 9×5 loaf pan, and bake for approximately 1 hour. If you’re making muffins, reduce the time to 25-30 minutes, or about 38 minutes for a mini loaf pan. You’ll know your bread is done when a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Makes roughly four mini loaves or one standard loaf.