This Balsamic Grilled tomatoes recipe is delicious on everything from cooked pasta to salads and hamburgers.
For this recipe, all you need is a few simple ingredients: olive oil, fresh basil leaves, garlic-shallot puree, salt, pepper and aged balsamic vinegar.
Marinate the cored, stemmed and seeded Roma tomatoes for roughly 1 hour. Next, place them on the grill for 10 minutes and experience the flavor explosion!
This grilled tomato recipe is perfect on top of grilled chicken and grilled pizza. Try it out and let us know what you think! It’s one of our favorite vegetarian recipes!
Grilled Balsamic Tomatoes
- 4 roma tomatoes cored and halved with seeds squeezed out
- 2/3 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic or garlic-shallot puree
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves chiffonade mince
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Coat the tomatoes in the marinade. Marinate from 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill over high heat. Add the tomatoes, sliced side up. Close grill and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove from the grill.
- Serve on top of your favorite burger, over fresh pasta and grilled pizza, or tossed in an Alfredo sauce.