This Greek yogurt cake recipe with Meyer Lemon and Lavender glaze is a healthier version of most traditional cakes. It’s lightened up with the addition of nonfat plain Greek yogurt.
If you want a full-fat version, just replace the yogurt with sour cream, oil or butter. The cake is topped with Lemon Bird Meyer Lemon & Lavender Jam, but you can use any type of jam that sounds good to you!
Greek Yogurt Cake with Lavender & Meyer Lemon Glaze
- 5.3 ounce nonfat Greek yogurt sour cream or butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2-4 lemons zest removed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 vegetable oil
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Meyer Lemon and Lavender Jam or use Lemon Curd or Marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease loaf pan with butter.In large bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Whisk well.In mixing bowl, add yogurt, sugar, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of lemon zest, followed by the eggs.
- Mix well. Whisk in dry ingredients and combine. Fold in the oil and mix again.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes. When done, remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- To serve, spoon over some jam, lemon curd or marmalade. Enjoy!