This moist turkey burger recipe get its flavor from sauteed mushrooms and onions, grated mozzarella cheese and a dash of spices. I used a thin whole wheat bun for this demonstration video, but feel free to use your favorite buns instead! Also, this recipe would work really well with ground chicken, too!
Turkey BurgersRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 1/2 of onion diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Garlic mayo
- Green leaf lettuce
- Fresh garden tomatoes
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced red onions
- Saute the diced onions and mushrooms in butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the turkey meat, egg, mushroom-onion mixture, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Chill mixture for 30 minutes. Form into balls and flatten into patties.
- Place on to a preheated Weber grill. Cover. Give a quarter-turn after about 5 minutes, cooking for a total of about 8 minutes on each side.
- Build your burger on your favorite buns with garlic mayo, green leaf lettuce, fresh garden tomatoes and sliced avocado.