Today, I’ll show you how to make a Keto chicken cordon bleu recipe with just a few ingredients. Although most recipes call for dredging the chicken in bread crumbs for a crispy coating, this recipe leaves out some of those extra carbs.
Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of those classic French dishes that’s perfect for a dinner party. Using just a few simple ingredients, it’s also affordable to make!
I prepare my chicken cordon bleu recipe with boneless chicken breast halves, proscuitto (you can also use ham), and gruyere cheese slices. All you do is pound out the chicken, stuff it, and roll it and then sear it on both sides.
The Sous Vide Supreme is perfect for chicken cordon bleu. In fact, I can make up the roulades a few days in advance and seal them. Then, when company comes over, all I have to do it cook it in the water bath and sear it up for dinner. Of course, not many people have a sous vide, so I’ve included instructions for baking this in the oven.
In this video, I’ll show you how to make a Keto chicken cordon bleu!
Keto Chicken Cordon BleuRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 12 slices gruyere cheese
- Thaw chicken and pat dry. Cover with plastic wrap and pound each chicken breast so it doubles in size and is an even thickness. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Layer each piece of chicken with 3 slices of prosciutto and 3 slices of cheese. Roll up each roulade.
- Sear each piece of chicken in a buttered pan, then bake at 375 F for 25-30 minutes. Proceed with the finishing step.
Sous Vide Instructions
- Seal each roulade in a Sous Vide plastic wrap. Place in a 146 F water bath for 2-6 hours. Remove chicken from pouches, and proceed with the finishing step.
Finish the Cordon Bleu
- In a saucepan, sear chicken in 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter until just browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken and add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary and another 1 tablespoon butter.
- Cut up chicken roulades and serve, spooning a bit of the rosemary butter on top.