This fudgy, gooey Starbucks Espresso Brownies recipe was developed by my wife after she became addicted to them at the shop more than a decade ago. They are perfect for breakfast alongside a cappuccino or vanilla latte, and are delightfully dense and fudgy.
Her recipe became so popular at her job that the newsroom was constantly asking for her to bring them in. In fact, one batch brought in $75 for a charity auction!
Watch the video to see how they are made, and print out our Starbucks Espresso Brownies recipe below!
Starbucks Espresso BrowniesRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 8 oz. Baker’s Unsweetened Baking Chocolate Squares chopped
- 1 oz. Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 3/4 cup finely ground Starbucks Espresso beans
- 3 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a medium-size pot over low heat, melt butter. Add baking chocolate and the 1 oz. of chocolate chips, stirring constantly over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl of a Kitchen Aid mixer, stir sugar and ground espresso on low speed until well incorporated.
- On medium speed, gradually add the melted chocolate-butter mixture, salt, eggs and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add flour until everything is incorporated; add chocolate chips last, just to blend.
- Spread batter evenly into a buttered and floured 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 70 minutes, or until center comes out clean when toothpick is inserted.
- Since cooking times vary, start checking after about 55-60 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Cut into squares or triangles and keep refrigerated until ready for service. These brownies taste best served cold.