If you’re looking for a healthy start to your morning, don’t miss the Ahwahnee Granola recipe, which is delicious served with a creamy Greek yogurt and fresh berries.
We enjoyed this breakfast during a recent stay at Yosemite’s Ahwahnee Hotel, a world-famous historic landmark known for its rustic architecture and timeless style.
While we were staying at The Ahwahnee, we enjoyed some of the best food in Yosemite, expertly prepared by Chef Percy Whatley. Their Cheddar-Ale Soup was simply amazing.
Following is their granola recipe, so you can enjoy a little bit of Yosemite at home.
Ahwahnee GranolaRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 10 oz. oatmeal
- 4 oz. sliced almonds
- 2 1/2 oz. coarsley chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 oz. hazelnuts
- 1 oz. golden raisins
- 1 oz. purple raisins
- 1 oz. sun dried cranberries
- 1 oz. diced dates
- 1 oz. dried apricots
- 1 oz. sun dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. On separate cookie sheets, roast the oatmeal, almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts until golden brown.
- Let the toasted items cool and mix together. Next, add the raisins, cranberries, dates, apricots and cherries to the toasted mixture.
- Enjoy for breakfast with Greek yogurt.