My homemade whipped cream recipe uses chilled heavy cream, white sugar, and a few dashes of vanilla extract.
The vanilla technically makes it a chantilly cream, which was invented in France during the 1800s. You can make make whipped cream without the vanilla, but I think it adds a nice flavor.
Using a figure-8 motion with your hand, you continually mix the cream and sugar to incorporate air into the cream. This takes about 5 minutes by hand, or you can use a mixer.
This keeps well in the refrigerator, and if it flattens down slightly, simply whisk it up again when you’re ready to use it. This goes really well on my Chocolate Haupie Pie!
Homemade Whipped CreamRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 2 1/2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- Place ingredients in a cold mixing bowl.
- Using a figure-8 motion, continually whisk the mixture to incorporate air into the cream, about 5 minutes. If you’re feeling lazy, go ahead and use the Kitchen Aid.