My smoked beer can chicken recipe gets its moisture and flavor from the beer, which infuses the meat during this slow cooking process. This recipe makes use of my delicious lemon-herb marinade, and I’m using parsley for the herb today.
Smoked Beer Can Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- Dried sage
- 1 can beer
- 2-3 tablespoons melted butter
Lemon Herb Marinade
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves parsley or tarragon
- 1 lemon
- 1/8 cup white wine optional
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic-shallot puree or 1 clove minced garlic
- Preheat smoker to 220 F.Rinse and pat chicken dry. Sprinkle dried sage into the cavity.
- Pull skin away from meat and rub marinade under the breast and thighs, and over the top of the bird.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Place chicken cavity upright on the beer can (a beer can chicken stand assists with this) and place on the smoker.
- Smoke for 2-3 hours, basting halfway with melted butter. Serve!