This wonderful all-purpose lemon herb marinade recipe uses lemon, garlic, and olive oil for its base. It is perfect for marinating any type of seafood, such as shrimp scampi and works great as a base for grilled Mahi Mahi or your favorite fish recipes.
I use my garlic shallot puree in this recipe, but you can certainly use regular crushed garlic if you like.
Use this marinade on chicken or pork to brighten up the flavors while grilling. Just soak your meat of choice in the marinade for 30 minutes and prepare as desired.
You’ll find that this lemon herb marinade is an indispensable recipe in your kitchen!
Lemon Herb Marinade
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves parsley or tarragon
- 1 lemon
- 1/8 cup white wine optional
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic shallot puree or 1 clove minced garlic
- Roughly chop the cilantro and carefully remove the zest (outer yellow peel from the lemon). The zest adds a lot of flavor to this marinade.
- Next, cut the lemon in half and add lemon juice to a mixing bowl. Add the wine, chopped cilantro and lemon zest, followed by the garlic.
- Slowly pour the olive oil into the marinade and whisk quickly until it starts to thicken. This is called an emulsion.
- When the marinade has thickened, let it sit about 30 minutes and then pour it over your meat.