Today I’m going to share the best guacamole recipe you’ll ever eat, and it’s so easy to make! Here in Southern California, we are spoiled with some of the most delicious and authentic Mexican food you’ll find outside Mexico, and this recipe for guacamole has been in our family for over 40 years. Here’s how to make guacamole salsa, Socal style!
Although we don’t usually add garlic to our homemade guacamole, you can certainly add a clove or two if you like. The key to making the best guacamole is by using only fresh ingredients!
Socal Style Guacamole
- 4 avocados
- 2 stalks green onion sliced
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro drained, patted dry and minced
- 1 large jalapeno minced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1-2 tablespoons pickled jalapeño brine plus a few chopped pickled jalapeños (amount to your taste)
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Fresh tortilla chips
- Mash together all of the ingredients and season to your taste with extra jalapeños or lime juice if needed. Enjoy!