This classic cole slaw recipe is delicious served with any smoked or BBQ meats, or as the addition to any picnic. One of our favorite ways to use this is in a smoked salmon or smoked pork tenderloin sandwich, with barbecue sauce and a brioche roll! Enjoy!
Classic Cole SlawRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup half and half or cream
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 head cabbage or two halves, one green and one purple, sliced thin
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 small bunch cilantro minced
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds optional
- Whisk together the sugar, mustard, salt, mayonnaise, half and half, and cider vinegar.
- Add chopped vegetables and mix well.
- Stir in the poppy seeds for crunch and season to taste with fresh cracked pepper.