Today we’re making what might be LA’s best breakfast sandwich recipe — The Eggslut Fairfax, created by Chef Alvin Cailan. It’s made with a fresh brioche bun, creamy scrambled eggs, melted American cheese, minced chives and sweet caramelized onion. It’s topped with a spicy Sriracha Mayo and yes, it’s as good as it looks!
This recipe serves one person. Here’s how to make the best breakfast sandwich recipe in LA!
Eggslut Breakfast SandwichRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce or more to taste
For the Sandwich
- 1 brioche bun
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons salted Irish butter we used Kerrygold
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives or green onion tops
- 1 slice deluxe American cheese we used Kraft Deli Deluxe
- First, make the Sriracha mayo by mixing 1/4 cup of mayonnaise with 4 tablespoons or more of Sriracha hot sauce.
- Slice one onion into rings.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil over medium-low heat and sauté the sliced onions until they are caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- In a separate cold nonstick pan, stir 3 eggs with 1 large knob of salted butter until incorporated.
- Now turn the flame on to medium low and stir constantly until the eggs are soft and fluffy.
- Top the egg mixture with a little salt and 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped chives or green onions.
- Next we’re going to warm 1 slice of American cheese on the pan and put it on top of the eggs.
- Toast one brioche roll until lightly browned.
- Smear with the Sriracha mayo, top with the freshly scrambled eggs, chives aand cheese, and finally, the caramelized onions.