Lobster rolls are popular in Nova Scotia and New England, especially in Maine, Cape Cod, Boston and New York City. My lobster roll recipe uses just a small amount of mayo because you really want the lobster meat to shine. Some lobster roll recipes call for hot dog buns as the base, but this version dresses it up with a Mexican bolillo roll.
- 11.3 oz. lobster meat (we used Lismore brand), thawed and drained
- 2 fresh bolillo rolls (or 4 hot dog buns)
- 1 stalk of celery, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Grated lemon zest (peel), for garnish
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Mix ingredients for sauce.
- Chop lobster meat into large bite-sized pieces. 3. Gently fold sauce into lobster meat. Add celery, chives, tarragon and salt and pepper. Fold gently, just to combine.
- Chill, covered for 1 hour.
- Toast rolls and spread generously with butter. Top cold lobster salad mixture on rolls, and top with more chives and tarragon.
- Enjoy with salt and vinegar potato chips or thinly-cut French fries.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com