Dressed up with avocados, pepper jack cheese, fresh sliced tomato and toasted onion-cheese rolls, this Southwest grilled chicken sandwich recipe is one of the most delicious grilled chicken sandwich recipes you’ll find.
Southwest Grilled Chicken SandwichRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 onion-cheese Kaiser rolls toasted
- 4 slices fresh tomato
- 8 slices avocado
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 serrano peppers
- ½ whole pickled jalapeno
- ¼ cup diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon Lawry’s seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a shallow pan, marinate chicken for 1 hour in marinade mixture (or save time and use your favorite bottled marinade).
- Blend Southwest Sauce ingredients in food processor.
- Season chicken and grill on barbecue until done. Place cheese on top of each piece at the end of cooking to melt slightly.
- Toast rolls. Assemble sandwiches with tomato, avocado and Southwest sauce and eat.