Dressed up with avocados, pepper jack cheese, fresh sliced tomato and toasted onion-cheese rolls, this Southwest grilled chicken sandwich recipe is one of the most delicious grilled chicken sandwich recipes you’ll find.
The grilled chicken breast sandwich uses my chicken marinade recipe and Southwest sauce. Serve this with corn of the cob, baked beans, potato salad or of your favorite barbecue side dish recipes.
Southwest Grilled Chicken SandwichRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
Throughout my years as a chef, this is the best grilled chicken sandwich recipe I’ve found. I really like the Mexican-style flavors in this all-American grilled chicken sandwich — especially when you add the melted pepper jack cheese, sliced fresh avocado and crispy onion-cheese kaiser rolls. Next time you’re going to have an outdoor barbecue, try this recipe out, topped with my Southwest sauce. I think you’ll discover that it’s one of the most delicious grilled chicken sandwich recipes out there.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 onion-cheese Kaiser rolls toasted
- 4 slices fresh tomato
- 8 slices avocado
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 serrano peppers
- ½ whole pickled jalapeno
- ¼ cup diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon Lawry’s seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a shallow pan, marinate chicken for 1 hour in marinade mixture (or save time and use your favorite bottled marinade).
- Blend Southwest Sauce ingredients in food processor.
- Season chicken and grill on barbecue until done. Place cheese on top of each piece at the end of cooking to melt slightly.
- Toast rolls. Assemble sandwiches with tomato, avocado and Southwest sauce and eat.
Let’s get cooking!Join me @cheftips on Facebook & Instagram
Watch My Video
Check out my Cooking Videos!Subscribe to my Chef Tips channel on YouTube!