Grilled Turkey Sandwich
This hot grilled turkey sandwich recipe is made with squaw bread, sauteed teriyaki mushrooms, melted Swiss cheese, sliced tomatoes, garlic mayonnaise and alfalfa sprouts, making it a delicious alternative to the same old turkey sandwich recipes. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 2 slices Squaw bread
- 2 slices turkey 3-4 crimini or button mushrooms
- 1 slices Swiss cheese
- ½ ounce alfalfa sprouts
- 3 slices tomato
- 1 tablespoon garlic mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce, for marinating
- To make garlic mayonnaise, mix 3 cloves of roasted garlic into 1/4 cup mayonnaise.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and cook down. Next, add 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce. Cook down and reduce, then set aside.
- Butter the outside of each piece of bread and spread a little garlic mayo on inside.
- In a hot pan, saute two slices of turkey with a piece of Swiss cheese in the middle. Turn after about 1 minute, until the cheese melts.
- Top bread with the turkey, followed by the sauteed mushrooms, alfalfa sprouts and sliced tomatoes. Place the other slice on top and grill sandwich on both sides until brown. Remove from pan and open. Cut and serve.
Recipe and video by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com