This Zinfandel sautéed mushrooms recipe dresses up an ordinary carton of mushrooms into a delicious side dish that’s perfect with chicken or steak. It’s also a great option for vegetarians when served in larger portions!
Zinfandel Sauteed MushroomsRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
This Zinfandel sautéed mushrooms recipe dresses up an ordinary carton of mushrooms into a delicious side dish that's perfect with chicken or steak.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound of mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/8 cup Zinfandel red wine
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped Italian parsley or chives
- To make this sautéed mushroom recipe, you’ll need to melt 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large sautee pan. Add 1 pound of mushrooms and stir.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon garlic, sautee a few more minutes.
- Add 1/8 cup Zinfandel red wine, and reduce to about half.
- Add 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar, and reduce until syrupy. Season with salt and pepper. Place in serving dish and sprinkle with chopped Italian parsley or chives.
Let’s get cooking!Join me @cheftips on Facebook & Instagram
Watch My Video
Check out my Cooking Videos!Subscribe to my Chef Tips channel on YouTube!