This is seriously the best turkey meatloaf you’ll ever eat. It’s moist, delicious and filled with savory Italian ingredients. Who doesn’t love minced sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, sweet Italian turkey sausage and fresh chopped rosemary???!!
Although this recipe has a lot of ingredients, it’s just a matter of measuring everything out and mixing it together. I promise it’s worth the effort!
Best Turkey Meatloaf
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 of a whole onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 tablespoons oregano crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon garlic-shallot puree
- 20 ounces ground turkey
- 20 ounces sweet Italian turkey sausage cases removed
- 1 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons minced sundried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- creamy horseradish sauce for topping
- In a large saute pan, add the canola oil and saute the onion, carrots and celery until soft. Add the oregano, rosemary and garlic puree and cook down another few minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the turkey and the rest of the ingredients. Blend well and form into two loaves.
- Spray a large piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray and form each loaf into a log. Wrap with plastic, then wrap with foil.
- Bake loaves on a sheet pan in a preheated 350 F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads 165F.