This spicy Buffalo chicken dip recipe was given to us from our friend Morgan McKenzie. It’s one of our favorite recipes for a casual gathering or Super Bowl party.
We like this recipe because it’s so easy to make, and always a hit with our guests. Since it’s semi-homemade, all you need to do is cook the chicken beforehand. You could also use leftover rotisserie or roast chicken for this dish.
Although the original recipe calls for Frank’s Red Hot sauce before, we actually prefer Tapatio hot sauce. Feel free to experiment with your own favorite hot sauces.
Be sure to buy both sizes of Fritos for this recipe. You’ll use the smaller Fritos as part of the filling for the dip. The large Scoops are what you’ll use for the dipping. Hope you enjoy this hot and spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe at your next party!
Spicy Buffalo Chicken DipRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce or Tapatio Hot Sauce
- 1 pound grated Monterey Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 bag Fritos corn chips for inside the dip
- 1 large bag of Fritos scoop chips for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 2 cups of diced chicken in a large mixing bowl and add 1 cup of cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup hot sauce.
- Spoon half of the mixture into a lightly greased quart-sized casserole dish.Top with grated Monterey Pepper Jack Cheese and Fritos corn chips.
- Repeat another layer of grated cheese and Fritos and top with additional grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 F oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove when hot and bubbly and serve the dip with a large bag of Fritos scoop chips.