This easy Tarragon Chicken Salad recipe is filled with crunchy celery, sweet cranberries, a little Dijon mustard and tangy lemon juice. It’s wonderful served on croissants, on its own, or tucked into butter lettuce leaves!
I like to serve this tarragon chicken salad in my 1 quart Le Creuset Dutch Oven. The enameled cast iron is not only great for hot dishes, but it also keeps cold dishes cold much longer!
We live in a mountain community in California where we’re fortunate to have an herb garden that returns every year. In addition to tarragon, we are growing chives, Greek and Italian oregano, French thyme, rosemary and mint. This tarragon chicken salad is the perfect way to use that fresh tarragon in our garden!
How to Make Tarragon Chicken Salad
This recipe for tarragon chicken salad couldn’t be easier! I’m using Costco’s hand-pulled rotisserie chicken breast meat. It comes in a large bag for quick preparation of a multitude of meals.
The tarragon comes from our garden, but you can certainly use dried tarragon as well.
The dressing is a simple mix of mayonnaise, fresh squeezed lemon juice, a French Dijon mustard such as Maille, and 4-5 sprigs of fresh minced tarragon leaves.
Once you make the tarragon dressing, everything comes together quickly. Just mix your diced chicken in a bowl with the dressing, and stir in the diced celery and dried cranberries. I like to let this sit in the fridge several hours (overnight is even better) so the flavors can meld.
Serve the salad in croissants or in butter lettuce cups.
Stay in Touch!
More Delicious Salad Recipes!
- Palm Springs Date Salad with Goat Cheese and Candied Pecans
- Authentic Greek Salad
- Smoked Chicken Salad
- Roasted Beet Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Salad (Esquites)
Tarragon Chicken SaladRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice about 1/4 of a lemon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon French Dijon mustard
- 4-5 sprigs fresh tarragon leaves minced
- 3-4 cups chopped Costco rotisserie chicken or whatever chicken you use
- 3 ribs celery small dice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Maldon sea salt and white pepper to taste
- Wild honey to taste optional
- Mix salad dressing ingredients well.
- Place chopped chicken, celery and dried cranberries in a bowl.
- Toss with salad dressing. Season to taste with salt, pepper and a little honey (if you desired more sweetness).
- Chill a few hours so flavors can meld.
- Serve on croissants or in butter lettuce cups.
CookingSessions.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.