This delicious smoked chicken salad recipe with avocado and mesclun greens is a great dish for a summer barbecue. This easy chicken salad recipe makes great use of leftover chicken — especially my smoked beer can chicken. You can easily use any leftover rotisserie chicken in place of the smoked chicken for this dish with great results.
I adapted this recipe from Irish chef Conrad Gallagher and his “Take 6 Ingredients” cookbook.
Smoked Chicken SaladRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 2 cups smoked chicken or rotisserie chicken leftovers shredded
- Mixed organic greens
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- pinch salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic shallot puree
- 1 avocado sliced lengthwise, for garnish
White Wine Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup hazelnut or grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic shallot puree
Make the Dressing
- Mix together 1/2 cup hazelnut or grapeseed oil, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon garlic shallot puree. Pour into a squirt bottle.
Make the Salad
- Rough chop the chicken leftovers and put into a mixing bowl. Mix the mayo lemon, salt, pepper and garlic. Fold into the chicken, just enough to bind the chicken together. You may not need all of it. Put in the refrigerator until cool.
- Put 1/4 of sliced avocado on plate. Add chicken in a mound on top. Add organic mixed greens. Top with dressing and fresh cracked pepper.