This Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese recipe is made with organic mixed greens, goat cheese and Maui onions. It’s topped with a freshly made papaya dressing.
I use my garlic-shallot puree in the vinaigrette, but you can substitute chopped onion or regular garlic. Feel free to also use feta cheese in place of the goat cheese!
Although you could use canned beets in this recipe, fresh is best! Watch my video on how to roast beets.
Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and Papaya VinaigretteRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 papaya seeded and diced
- 1 oven-roasted beet skin removed and diced
- 5 grape tomatoes halved
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese
- Organic mixed greens
- Paper thin sliced Maui onions
Papaya Salad Dressing
- 3/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup grape seed oil
- 3 tablespoons papaya seeds from a fresh papaya
- 1 tablespoon garlic shallot puree or 2 tablespoons onion
Make the Dressing
- In a food processor, mix together vinegar, dry mustard, sugar and kosher salt. Blend for 20 seconds. Add grapeseed oil, adding slowly with the blender going so it emulsifies. Add papaya seeds, and garlic shallot puree. Pulse until the seeds look like coarse ground pepper.
Make the Salad
- Sprinkle greens with goat cheese, tomatoes, beets, onions and papayas. Top with my papaya vinaigrette and fresh cracked pepper.