Our daughter Katie really enjoys baking, and she recently made this blueberry cookies recipe for our family. And wow, are they delicious!
These blueberry cookies are chock-full of chunky white chocolate chips, fresh orange zest and mint garnish. It’s the perfect sweet summer snack.
Although you can use fresh blueberries, our daughter used a bag of frozen blueberries that we had from Costco.
The flavor in this blueberry cookie recipe is brightened with the addition of fresh-squeezed orange juice and lemon juice. Be sure to use a good-quality orange (we like the oranges from Riverside, California) for the best flavor.
Before zesting your oranges and lemon, be sure that you have washed them well. You also want to avoid getting any of the white pith, as that will make your cookies bitter.
Blueberry Cookies Ingredients
- Baking Powder
- Salted butter
- Real vanilla extract
- Frozen blueberries
- White chocolate chips
- Powdered Sugar
- Mint springs
- Fresh orange zest
After mixing the dry and wet ingredients together, beat the mixture well in a KitchenAid stand mixer, then stir in the white chocolate chips.
Freezing the dough for 30 minutes allows you to more easily form the dough into balls before baking at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes.
This recipe for blueberry cookies makes about 12 portions. These are soft cookies, so if you want to give them a fancier presentation, use a mold and silpat liner when baking.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please subscribe to our Youtube channel and click the BELL icon so you can be the first to know when we post a new video!
You may also enjoy our Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe and Brown Butter Sea Salt cookies!
Blueberry Cookies with Mint & Orange ZestRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup salted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange juice fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 cup frozen blueberries defrosted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
- Orange Zest
- Mix flour and baking powder in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter, sugar, vanilla, orange juice, orange zest and lemon juice. Beat until combined. Add blueberries and beat on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until berries are combined. Mix in the flour and baking powder. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Freeze dough 30 minutes.
- Mold into 12 cookies on sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Take cookies off and immediately move to cooling rack. Top with powdered sugar, orange zest, and mint sprig.