Today we’re making a Seared Ahi Tuna Burger Recipe with some fresh-caught ahi yellowfin tuna that my dad caught off the coast of Mexico.
We’re going to serve this with a toasted brioche roll with plenty of spicy Sriracha mayo, butter lettuce and fresh sliced tomatoes. My daughter said it tasted like a poke burger, and it was a great hit with our family.
Seared Ahi Tuna BurgersRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 pound finely diced ahi tuna
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg whisked
- 2 tablespoons shoyu or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes to your taste
- 4 Brioche rolls
- 4 pieces Butter lettuce
- 4 slices Fresh sliced tomato
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic-shallot puree or 1 clove minced garlic
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1-2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/2-1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Make the Sriracha Mayo by mixing everything together and then chilling in the refrigerator.
- Mix all of the ahi burger ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Form into patties and chill for 15-25 minutes.
- Grill or pan fry until done.
- Serve the tuna burgers on toasted brioche rolls slathered with plenty of Sriracha Mayo and topped with butter lettuce and sliced tomato. Enjoy!