Today we’re making a Mediterranean quesadilla recipe with spinach, olives and feta! I like to call it my BIG, FAT GREEK QUESADILLA!
In June, we had the pleasure of spending a week on the beautiful island of Corfu. We love the simple flavors of Greek cuisine, and this Mediterranean quesadilla has all the flavors of a Greek Salad in a convenient easy-to-eat snack!
I’m making this spinach and feta quesadilla on my Camp Chef portable grill for a camping trip, but you can easily make this at home on an indoor griddle or large frying pan.
Mediterranean Quesadilla Ingredients
- Chopped spinach leaves
- Pitted and chopped Greek olives
- Finely diced red onion
- Diced sweet grape tomatoes
- Shredded feta cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Minced Greek oregano
- Greek olive oil for drizzling (optional)
- Canola oil or butter (for frying the quesadillas)
- Flour tortillas
For camping purposes, you’ll want to prepare the ingredients beforehand, and then store them in a plastic container or Ziplock bag so everything’s ready to go when you get to the campsite. If you’re making this at home, just mix in the bowl and prepare your frying pan.
For this feta quesadilla recipe, I’m adding shredded mozzarella cheese to give it that nice gooey and cheesy texture. However, you can also make this with goat cheese if you’re not a fan of feta!
Make sure to cook the quesadillas over medium-low heat until the cheese is melted and the tortillas get a nice golden brown. It’s helpful to have a melting dome, which ensures even heating outdoors.
In the video at the end of this post, I show you exactly how to set up your flat top grill for making quesadillas.
To make a Mediterranean breakfast quesadilla, all you need to do is scramble up some eggs and place them on top of the filling, then fold and grill on both sides. Easy peasy!
These Greek quesadillas are such a wonderful variation on the traditional Mexican quesadilla. If you try these Mediterranean quesadillas, please let me know how they turned out in the comments below!
Watch my Greek Quesadilla Video
If you enjoyed this cooking video, please subscribe to our Youtube channel and click the BELL icon so you can be the first to know when we post a new video!
Mediterranean Quesadilla with Spinach, Olives and FetaRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 1/2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup pitted chopped Greek olives
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced sweet grape tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded feta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced Greek oregano
- 2 tablespoons Greek olive oil for drizzling (optional)
- 4 tablespoons Canola oil or butter for frying the quesadillas
- 4 flour tortillas
- Mix together all of the filling ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- If using as a camping recipe, place all of your ingredients in a ziplock bag and keep cool until you get to the campsite.
- Season your grill (or frying pan) with cooking oil over medium heat.
- Place down four tortillas, then add equal amounts of filling to half of each tortilla.
- Drizzle the filling with a little bit of Greek olive oil.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling.
- Cover with a cooking dome to seal in the heat and help the cheese melt.
- Flip the quesadillas when they are golden brown on each side, about 5 minutes or so.
- Enjoy with your favorite condiments.