These semi homemade baked beans, which are my Aunt Sharon’s signature recipe, are sure to be a hit with your family.
To prepare this recipe for doctored up baked beans, were starting with a time-honored favorite in our home, which is Bush’s Baked Beans. (No, this is not sponsored, LOL). To add some extra flavor, we’ll add smoked bacon, onion, brown sugar and ground meat. Heat it in the Crockpot or over low heat on the stove for four hours, and then serve. You’re going to love this recipe!
Baked Beans in the Crock PotRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 2 28 oz. cans Bush’s Baked Beans
- 1/2 pound smoked bacon diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 14 ounce crushed tomatoes drained
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 pound golden brown sugar
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- Saute onion, bacon. Add ground turkey. Saute until brown. Add tomatoes. Drain.
- Transfer to preheated Crockpot and add beans. Stir in brown sugar.
- Heat on high for 4 hours.
- Before serving, topped with more cooked bacon if desired.